You are here: Home Consumers Got a complaint about an aged care service?

    Got a complaint about an aged care service?

    complaint about a home diagram

    The Australian Government has appointed an independent Aged Care Complaints Commissioner to handle and investigate any complaint about a Commonwealth-subsidised aged care service. Any person can make a complaint to the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner, including care recipients, family members, friends, staff, volunteers, or professionals. Complaints may relate to any aspect of services including care, choice of activities, discrimination, catering, communication or the physical environment.

    Complaints about aged care service may be made to the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner:-


    While it is not our role to investigate individual complaints, the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency will use any information we receive about the performance of an aged care service in planning future assessment and monitoring activities to determine if the applicable Standards are being met. The Aged Care Complaints Commissioner may refer information to us about complaints if it is information that may assist us with our role in assessing and monitoring the performance of aged care services. We are not able to provide feedback to individual complainants about our ongoing assessments of aged care services.